Paper Sculpture 101
Early Bird Pricing through August 31st (see below)
Saturday, September 17, 2016
9:30 am – 4:30 pm
hosted by Elva Robinson and Barbara O’Toole
We’ll be in the cool air conditioned meeting room with ice water provided throughout the day.
Learn more about the fascinating art of working with paper. Join Elva Robinson for a full-day workshop in East Fort Worth on September 17th, the Saturday after Gallery Night in Fort Worth.
What You’ll Learn
In the morning session, each participant learns 6 basic paper techniques and makes 4 references pieces, using two of the techniques in each. This is a hands-on session. (see examples below)
The afternoon session allows each participant to get creative, making two 8″ x 10″ pieces, one on a white background and one on a painted background. This is a hands-on session.
1) Papers of various kinds
3) One 8″ x 10″ gessoboard per participant
4) 2-sided foam tape
5) 2-sided sticky tape
Materials You’ll Bring
1) Scissors–1 pair large, one pair small precision-point. At least one pair should have silicone-coated blades, because we will be cutting adhesive materials.
2) Xacto knife with extra blades
3) Self-healing cutting mat
4) Straight-edge ruler
5) Drawing compass, protractor, triangle
6) Glue–I recommend Mod Podge, because it is fairly fast-drying, and holds well.
7) Toothpicks, plastic pallette knife for gluing
8) Bone folder–These can be found in the paper craft area of most craft stores. Most are actually plastic now, not bone.
9) Optional–papers that you may have around.
What You’ll Take Home
All participants leave with their 4 reference pieces and the two 8″ x 10″ pieces they made during the afternoon session.
Elva will also have a few handouts for you to take with you on resources and her other notes.
Early Bird Pricing through August 31st
ADDITIONAL BONUS VIDEO
We’re thrilled to tell you that each person who attends will also receive a video recording of the class so you can revisit the techniques again and again.